2019 – End of Year Wrap Up
I started this blog in October 2019, so really a bit much to be calling it an end of year wrap. But you get the gist. It’s the best and worst of the last three months.
Starting this blog was a big learning curve and a huge time suck. I’m hoping now that I’ve found my rhythm for reading, writing and posting that it will use less of my free time.
So the following list is for books read, not those attempted and discarded. The categories are a little narrow and blurred due to the small sample. 2020, I’m sure will bring in more established categories.
And The Awards Goes To
|Ebook/Kindle||H.I.V.E.: Higher Institute of Villainous Education||4|
|Children||H.I.V.E.: Higher Institute of Villainous Education||4|
|Teen||H.I.V.E.: Higher Institute of Villainous Education||4|
|Audiobook||An American Marriage||4|
|Library Book||The Anomaly||4|
|ARC||Duncan Versus the Googleys||4|
|Wish I hadn’t||Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Undead Client||2|
I am fortunate that I have read more books that were enjoyable than those that made me close my eyes in angst to stop seeing the terrible words that were sucking joy from my brain.
Overall Children’s books have been the most successful for me in 2019. I wonder what 2020 has in store.
December’s been great for carols and all other variants of Christmas songs. I have to shout out – quietly whisper about – Classic FM which I had on daily; the variety of songs was fantastic. It was truly lovely to actively listen to or have in the background whilst doing other things.
Check out the music posts for what I particularly liked in 2019.
- Comedy specials – Dave Chapelle in particular
- Titans – Season 2 due on 10th January 2020 – Yay
- The Umbrella Academy – Season 2 due Spring 2020 – Boo , it’s too far away
- The Boys – Season 2 due Mid 2020 – Boo , it’s too far away
- The Man In The High Castle – got back into that over Christmas so hopefully will keep that up. Still only on Season 2, so lots more episodes to enjoy
- Community was our Sunday afternoon watch until it got weird around the end of Season 3 /Season 4 . We’re now just holding onto the memories and not spoiling it but watching any later episodes
I really can’t remember all the films I’ve watched in 2019 but one standout is John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum. I find this series hugely entertaining. Also, I accept no criticism of Keanu Reeves whatsoever. If you don’t like his acting or films that’s your prerogative (problem) and keep it to yourself, thanks very much.
I shall be watching this again on the next free evening, enjoying death by book.